Monday, January 31, 2011

Vegan Sushi Night

Last week I came home to this ...
We had gone to a sushi making class the week before, and we were very excited to make our own sushi.  One night last week I came home, and David set up everything for us to make our own sushi.
He made the sushi rice, and chopped up some baked sweet potato, avocado, carrots, and cucumber for the sushi roll ingredients.  He even pickled some fresh ginger (look at the small cup in the middle).
The sushi came out really great for our first time, and it tasted delicious.  The best part is that everything was vegan!  
Other ingredients we used were: organic tamari (soy sauce), edamame, sriracha (hot sauce), lemon/lime, nori paper and sesame seeds.
Here are some more pictures of sushi night.  It was so much fun =)






3 comments:

  1. I love your blog and I love the background flower pattern. I think you are amazing and I love that you will be trying different vegan items to inform us which products are better tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good hubby; having a sushi dinner buffet all prepared!! looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete