Sunday, January 16, 2011

back to veganism?

So, I recently came across this video.  (Thank you to Raina for finding it and posting it up on Facebook) I don't normally watch a lot of videos on YouTube, but veganism is a topic that has interested me for a while now.  Ever since I read this book ...
 The lecture is long, but I really recommend watching it when you have some time.  It is very touching and informative, and it has caused us to totally change our grocery list for the week. 
A couple of years ago, I tried out a vegan diet.  It was not easy at all, and it took a lot of thought and planning since it's almost impossible to find food items that don't contain milk, meat, eggs or cheese.  Because of this, I remember having to carry vegan food around with me at all times.  Despite of all that, I do remember feeling a lot better.  I felt healthier, lighter and more energetic which was really great!
I'm glad I came across this lecture because it reminded me of the health consequences of eating animal products.  Besides that, the video clips of animal cruelty will be stuck in my mind for a very long time.  In future blog posts I plan to write about some of the vegan meals we'll be making, and I will share the recipes with you.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment